Cum sa iti ingrijesti S2000'ul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cum sa iti ingrijesti S2000'ul

Believe it or not this was the first S2000 I have ever done, not a bad car.
    I got this car from an S2KI.com member. Great guy always pushes for me on the board.

I guess I didn't really know what I was in for, the car just got back from the body shop and as we all know this car had over spray, rail dust, just about everything from sitting at the body shop for awhile. The interior was pretty dusty and unkept (I believe this was the body shop not the owner)

So here was the plan.. Wash, Clay, Menzerna PO203 with an Uber Orange/Green Pad (Makita/Metabo) and to finish Menzerna PO85RD with an Uber Blue Pad.

The wax well I finally got to try out Swissvax Glacier (and I like it, I'm going to try it out on a silver car next)

The interior, well the usual, Leather Master Strong Cleaner followed by Leather Master Vital.
    Dash and plastics cleaned and treated with Einszett ****pit.

Windows were cleaned with Lusso Glass Polish and an Uber Glass Towel.

As for the engine we used Adam's All Purpose (a nice inexpensive degreaser) and a Swissvax Wheel Brush. Einszett Vinyl Rubber Care for the rubber and Black Wow for the plastics.

Products Used:
    Exterior:
    Lusso Auto Bath in the Cam Spray Foam Canon
    Swissvax Paint Rubber and Optimum Instant Detail Spray and Gloss Enhancer for clay lube
    The Uber Menzerna PO203S/PO85RD Kit
    Menzerna Top Inspection
    Swissvax Glacier

Wheels and Tires
    Uber Wheel/Tire/Wheel Well Kit
    Replaced Swissvax Pneu on this one for Einszett Vinyl Rubber Care

Interior and Glass
    Lusso Glass Polish
    Leather Master Strong Cleaner
    Leather Master Vital
    Einszett ****pit
    Einszett Plastic/Vinyl Cleaner

Engine:
    Adam's All Purpose Cleaner
    Black Wow (on covers and plastics)
    Einszett Vinyl and Rubber Care (rubber etc)

Tools:
    Infratech 5300
    Brinkmann MaxFire
    Metabo PE12-175
    Makita 9227 Hi Speed Rotary
    The Uber Foam Pads (5.5inch)
    Tons of "Uber" Microfiber Towels
    Uber Drying Towels
    Cam Spray 1500A with Cam Spray Foam Gun

Here are the pictures and more descriptions:

Before:
    Door jambs are extremely dirty

Trunk jambs filthy

Dirty Cowl

By the time I started on the car I wasn't able to get the rail dust on the car and good before shots but you get the picture with the shots above, the rest of the car was just as bad.

We started with the engine first:

Engine before shots:

Engine with Adam's All Purpose dwelling:
    The NSX may be dead, but its spirit lives on. It is an evil spirit. [...] Honda, we beseech you: leave it as it is. Don't disappoint us again.

DreamSquad | Toda | SKN | Momo | Recaro | TenzoR | Yokohama | Sabelt | TEiN | Becker | Infinity | JBL | Mügen | My '05 NHB EP3 TypeR

Cam Spray Pressure Washer with Cam Spray Foam Canon with Lusso Auto Bathe, worked awesome and smelled great!

Uber Boar's Hair Wash Brush in action:

After the rinse we dried the car with an Uber Jumbo Waffle Weave Towel

The car was clayed with a Swissvax Clay Bar and Optimum Instant Detail Spray (the Swissvax Mixing bottle insures proper measurement and the nozzle is very efficient)

Believe it or not there was rail dust/small rust specks even in the door sills

Trunk:

Top Inspection was used to clean them up a bit.

Before:

After of a small section of the trunk jamb
    The NSX may be dead, but its spirit lives on. It is an evil spirit. [...] Honda, we beseech you: leave it as it is. Don't disappoint us again.

DreamSquad | Toda | SKN | Momo | Recaro | TenzoR | Yokohama | Sabelt | TEiN | Becker | Infinity | JBL | Mügen | My '05 NHB EP3 TypeR

Comment

Door jamb before:

After:

Einszett Plastic/Vinyl Cleaner with Swissvax Brush used to clean the cowl

Breaking out a new Metabo for the shop and for customers to demo

Metabo in action:

Raggtopp was used to clean and protect the vinyl top

Einszett Vinyl Rubber Care in the rubber parts of the engine

Engine After:

After the wheels were dried we clayed the contaminants off them (tons of it)

Products used Uber Wheel/Wheel Well/Tire Kit (with Einszett Vinyl Rubber Care)

Comment

Before

Claying:

Take a look at the wheel after the contaminants were removed

Swissvax Autobahn removal

Final shot

As you know its hard to take shots of defects on white but here goes:

Before:

After:

Interior:
        This should tell you the story of the interior in 1 shot:

or 2

Comment

Dusting:

Wiping:

Cleaning windows:

Vac

Afters:

Swissvax Glacier

Final shots of the car:

Comment

Sursa: http://www.iwsti.com/forums/detailin...x-glacier.html

Thanks for the tip Tom

Comment

S 2000
              Ex: Civic 1.8 Executive NHB 2007/ Del Sol ESI/ Del Sol VTi
              2 roti

Comment

Cat de frumos, m-as uita mereu la posturi d-astea, sa mai pui.

Comment

ma da ce are sub capota, un supercharger ?

Comment

as zice turbo
                    scaunul dupa mine e mind blowing si asta visez sa imi iau si eu intr-o zi
                    cat despre downside ... jantele care desi dau extrem de bine pe masina, sunt Prodrive (tuneri Subaru), dar nah ... omul e de pe IWSTI (forum de "subaristi" deci il intelegem )

Comment

treaba super buna!bravos!ce se vede in poze am facut azi la un LEXUS IS250!!demo car a fost inainte si acum a fost vandut..12h de munca de sclav in 3 oameni dar clientul super pretentios dar si supe multumit!
                      ex CL7 AT 2006
                      CN1 Sport 2005
                      KB 1 2007-"A gloriously good car that no-one in their right mind will ever buy"

"The Honda Legend is a highly technically complicated and luxurious bit of kit that seems to be making more of a name for itself as the secondhand sale of the century"

Comment

pai fa frumos poze si pune-le o sa pun si eu de la GS450h ca si la ala a iesit o treaba buna buna si mai am un thread de genul "Cum sa iti ingrijesti ..." cu ceva bomba

Comment

continuam

Hey again everyone,

Had this beauty come in for a full paint detail this week. I never thought much of S2000 but after detailing her all I can say is that I want one. The car was dropped off with the assist of a white S2000 and a beauty she was.

Back to the cars condition. It was in bad shape. The previous owner definitely didn't look after her but the current one is by first bringing her to me .

I hope you enjoy the pictures and the commentary.

Wash
                          Meguars Gold Class
                          Sheep Skin Wash Mitts (Panels)
                          Microfiber Wash Mitt (Wheels)
                          Grit Guard
                          3 Buckets
                          Wheel Brush
                          EZ Brush
                          Stoners Tarminator
                          P21S Metal Polish
                          P21S TAW

Softtop
                          303 Fab Cleaner
                          303 Fabric Guard
                          Lint Tape

Clay
                          Riccardo Yellow
                          QID & H20

Paint Correction
                          2 x Makita PE 12-175
                          PC 7424
                          3M UK BP
                          RB 3 inch BP
                          Sonus White
                          Sonus Blue
                          LCC Orange 4 inch
                          LCC White 4 inch
                          LCC Blue 4 inch
                          Menzerna PF
                          3M Ultrafina US

Equipment
                          Defelsko PTG 6000
                          3M Sun Gun
                          Fenix Tk10
                          Halogen
                          A bunch of spray bottles
                          Makita Air Compressor

LSP
                          Paint: Natty Blue
                          Wheels: PB's Wheel Wax
                          Tires: OPT

BEFORES

Comment

DURING

Alright so this is where is starts. Since this was my first S2000 I went on the side of caution and inquired about the paint and did some research. I found out with the help of Aaron (d00t) that the paint isn't that much fun as it's super soft. Thanks for the help Aaron. Ok so the clear is soft so the plan was to start with sonus blue with ultrafina. That did little cutting so I had to step it up to sonus white with ultrafina. That cut fairly well but it left micro marring and I used sonus blue with ultra to clear things up which it did at first. The next few shots are hood shots. One last thing to mention I noticed a gradual drop in PTG readings at the top of the hood compared to the bottom. The top had around 89-92 and by the bottom of the hood PTG readings were about 105 so I hit the top of the hood with the PC.

Comment

So moving onto the fender. I found that the combination of both white sonus and blue sonus with ultrafina was leaving marks so I had to resort to a LCC orange 4 inch and Menz PF followed up with blue sonus and ultrafina with porter cable to attack the fender. It turned out quite nicely but it just took a long time. The clear seems to have a life of it's own.

50/50 Halogens

50/50 Sun Gun

50/50 Fenix

Fender Cleared up

50/50 Passenger Side Door.

Comment

Working...
                              X