Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deloc, Delphi!

Comment

• Între umor şi bullying e o graniţă fină...
      '16 Suzuki SX4 S-Cross 1.4 BoosterJet 4WD 6MT Spirit Canyon Brown Metallic

Comment

• McLaren racing director Eric Boullier says that anything is possible when it comes to the future of the team's partnership with Honda.

Since the Woking-based outfit and the Japanese manufacturer renewed their successful partnership from the 1980s three years ago, performance has been massively disappointing.

Honda's power unit has not only under-performed, its reliability has been dismal, with few signs of improvement.

"The problem is that we do not just buy an engine," said team boss Boullier.

"Honda started with a clean sheet, with new regulations, and with Honda's good reputation.

"But we had no guarantee about the final product, because you can't forget that we do not pay for these engines," he added.

Lauda doesn't want Mercedes to power McLaren
        But the failure of the works collaboration so far has triggered a plethora of rumours, and a state of affairs which has star driver Fernando Alonso searching for greener pastures.

Belgian daily La Derniere Heure asked Boullier directly if it is possible a lawyer could get McLaren out of its contract with Honda due to poor performance.

"Before we go to the lawyer, we are in the intermediate zone, trying to find solutions," Boullier responded.

"I'm spending my time between England and Japan trying to influence them, but it's difficult.

"It is already hard for a European to understand them, but for a European from racing, it is extremely hard.

"Their approach to F1 is: when everyone else goes to the right, we go to the left. It's extraordinary but it seems to work in the end, because Japan is still a great world power," said Boullier.

"But today it's about timing. They're going to get there, but instead of three years as you'd expect it could be six or seven years, and in the meantime you have to survive.

"As long as we progress it's ok, but then we backtracked so it became more complicated to motivate and to convince ourselves that we will get there," he added.

So when asked specifically if McLaren-Honda is definitely staying together beyond 2017, Boullier answered: "Everything is possible.

"What we are interested in is that it works, so that we are in a position to do what we want to do. But our intention today is not to divorce.

"I'm not going to make that decision," he insisted.

"It's for the owners of McLaren."

Sursa: F1i.com

Merita recitit: "Their approach to F1 is: when everyone else goes to the right, we go to the left. It's extraordinary but it seems to work in the end, because Japan is still a great world power," said Boullier. - face parte din specificul poporului japonez.

Comment

• Asa este (referitor la ultimul aliniat)! Pe de cealalta parte sunt sigur ca daca le mergea bine, n-ar fi declarat niciodata chestii de genul asta, dar nah, disperarea te impinge si inspre de astea.
          As mai sublinia si "It's for the owners of McLaren" care spune extrem de multe.
          HONDA. The finest from Japan. Since 1963.

Comment

• Spune si nu spune. Cred ca stiam, in sensul ca este oarecum firesc ca patronii sa ia masuri atunci cand lucrurile nu merg sezon dupa sezon. Eu cred ca arabii le-au dat un ultimatum celor de la McLaren, asteptand ultimul motor Honda. Probabil ca este ultima sansa pentru japonezi de a mai ramane alaturi de McLaren. Apropos, se pare ca noul motor nu va fi gata pentru MP al Canadei. Nu stiu daca este un semn bun sau nu. Ar putea fi oricare din variante.

In alta ordine de idei, s-ar parea ca FIA si F1 sa renunte la aceste unitati de putere atat de complicate, incepand cu anul 2020-2021. Cei mai vehementi sunt, din nou, cei de la Red Bull, care s-ar parea ca au reinceput un razboi mediatic cu Renault, dorind rezultate cat mai repede, pentru a reduce ecartul fata de Mercedes/Ferrari. Ei (Red Bull) doresc o motorizare mult mai simpla, mai puternica si mai zgomotoasa. De fapt, in spatele cererii lor se ascunde un posibil divort de Renault, intrucat sunt convinsi ca odata redus ecartul de putere fata de Mercedes/Ferrari, echipa de uzina Renault nu vor livra aceleasi specificatii de motoare (deci aceleasi puteri) si clientilor (Red Bull, Toro Rosso). Daca motorizarea va fi mai putin complicata, atunci probabil va deschide usa altor constructori, pentru un posibil parteneriat cu Red Bull. In situatia aceasta s-ar putea ca austriecii sa apeleze chiar la serviciile Honda, daca acestia din urma vor avea o motorizare reusita.

Pe de alta parte, trag cu ochiul si la ceea ce se va intampla cu Sauber, pentru ca, Monisha Kaltenborn a lasat sa se inteleaga intr-un interviu recent, ca Sauber sunt deschisi oricaror idei din partea Honda. Din ceea ce spunea Monisha, se intelegea cumva ca Honda ar putea baga bani seriosi in Sauber, pentru a-i ajuta cu dezvoltarea monopostului (in varianta in care McLaren divorteaza de Honda - cred eu). In aceasta varianta, ar fi posibil ca japonezii chiar sa cumpere echipa Sauber si sa redevina un constructor cu implicare 100% in F1. Sigur ca, aceasta este varianta cea mai putin probabila.

Eu personal, in eventualitatea unui divort McLaren-Honda, as gasi in parteneriatul cu Red Bull cea mai sigura solutie spre victorii in Marele Circ.

Comment

• Da si Alonso renunta la GP Monaco, va participa in Indy500 cu McLaren/Andretti Autosport Honda https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSl5B0gm_fo o calificare pe locul 5. Jenson Button ii va lua locul pentru Monaco: “Although I haven’t turned a wheel on track yet in the MCL32, I feel well prepared. I know the track well, of course, and I’ve done quite a bit of work in the McLaren simulator already. I’m still fit, and I’ve been training probably more than ever, because I’ve had the time to focus on my triathlon preparation and competitions. I’m looking forward to working with the team again, and, as I’ll be on the other side of the garage this time around, I’ll do my best to look after the car for Fernando!”
              GHELA: '14 Honda Civic 4D ES 1.8 M/T, Taffeta White

Comment

• Dumnezeule, mi-a stat inima.. Button, 'te-n $#Ą*&@

Comment

• De urmarit Indianapolis 500. .
                  Vai ce accident!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by vtin View Post
                    De urmarit Indianapolis 500. .
                    Vai ce accident!!!
                    Si-au scapat intregi!
                    M-am trezit ca tin cu Alonso care n-a fost vreodata favoritul meu (Andretti nici atit, in F1 mie mi se pare ca s-a facut de ris) insa e, totusi dublu campion F1, alt nivel fata de ce fac americanii. Vad ca echipa a trecut la managementul consumului, restul pare a fi in regula )
                    Dar se pot intimpla multe in 200 de tururi.
                    "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is."

Comment

• Aceiasi poveste ca si in F1.

Comment

• Bine macar ca a castigat o Honda...

Comment

• Eu ma intreb daca e vorba de blesteme, farmece, facaturi, voodoo...
                          "Things are not what they appear to be: nor are they otherwise."
                          "The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head." - Sir Terry Pratchett

Comment

• Lucrurile se complica pentru Honda.

McLaren and Honda reunited for 2015 but have struggled for reliability and performance, with the operation the only one of the 10 teams yet to score a point in Formula 1 this season.

McLaren had been linked to a return to Mercedes power for 2018, but Brown confirmed to GPUpdate.net in Monaco that the team remained committed to Honda.

However, in an interview with Reuters, Brown expressed frustration over Honda's current approach, and was doubtful as to whether the situation can be resolved.

"Honda's working very hard but they seem a bit lost," said Brown.

"We were only told recently that we wouldn't have the upgrade coming [for the Canadian Grand Prix]...and we don't have a definitive timeline, which is concerning because the pain is great and we can't sit around forever.

"We were eagerly awaiting this upgrade as were our drivers and it's a big disappointment that it's not coming.

"It's not lack of effort, but they are struggling to get it to come together.

"The executive committee [at McLaren] have now given us our marching orders; we're not going to go into another year like this, in hope

"I don't want to get into what our options are. Our preference is to win the World Championship with Honda.

"But at some point you need to make a decision as to whether that's achievable. And we have serious concerns.

"Missing upgrades, and upgrades not delivering to the level we were told they were going to, you can only take that so long. And we're near our limit."

Brown also explained the financial impact that McLaren-Honda's current predicament is having on the outfit.

"When you actually look at the impact of loss of FOM money and loss of sponsorship, it starts to diminish the commercial benefits of what Honda brings to the table," he said.

"And when you start to net it out, it doesn't have quite the commercial benefit it might appear from the outside."

McLaren CEO Zak Brown has revealed the team do have plans in place should they part ways with engine supplier Honda at the end of the season.

McLaren have issued Honda with a final 90-day warning after they failed to come through with a new engine upgrade for the Canadian Grand Prix this weekend.

And Brown has stated that work has already begun on next year's car and that they have many allies in the pit lane that they can turn to should their Honda divorce happen.

"We're starting to work on 2018's car – 2018 will be here shortly," Brown told BBC Radio 5 Live.

"We need to make any decisions that impact '18 by the summer break.

"We have a plan B, we have a plan C. We've got plans.

"We're friends with everyone up and down pitlane, so we have coffee and chat about a variety of things. So we're alright."

Brown did also state, though, that remaining with Honda is the number one priority, confirming that his warning shots earlier in the week are meant to be a wake-up call to their Japanese partners.

"The plan right now is to have the Honda in the back of the car," Brown said.

"But some things need to happen between now and then for us to have the confidence that we can be at the front of the field next year. So we're working hard on it.

"We need to get competitive, and we need to show regular signs that we are getting competitive.

"I don't think there's a specific number or place or qualifying in mind, but now we're not racing well, we're not finishing races, in some instances we're not starting races.

"And we can't have that anymore.

"So what needs to happen between now and next season is we need to have confidence that all that is getting fixed, and we're going forward."

Bun, cam astea sunt impresiile din tabara McLaren. Acum sa vedem cu o saptamana in urma, Hasegawa, cu privire la noul motor mult asteptat de catre toata lumea:

Honda won’t make a decision until Thursday as to whether McLaren will run their upgraded engine at this weekend’s Canadian GP.

Struggling for pace and reliability with their power unit, Honda had hoped to introduce an updated engine at the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve.

However given their ongoing issues Yusuke Hasegawa, the head of Honda’s F1 project, admits it may not be worth making the change is the improvement is very small.

The Japanese manufacturer will make a decision this Thursday.

“It is not sure,” Hasegawa told RACER. “I don’t give up it. We’re trying very hard. But until Thursday (before Canada) I can’t decide.

“Already, we have had some performance factor, but if it is very small, it’s not worth changing engine for the next one. Also, if the setting is not good enough, it damages the performance, even if it had good power.

“We saw some small upgrades [in performance] and still we haven’t decided to start working on settings with this specification.

“So maybe as soon as I go back to Japan we will have a big discussion about that, whether we stick with the next step of the engine even if the step up is small or can we try another step up in performance?

“Obviously it is very tight to introduce a big update.”

He added: “If we are not confident enough to set up that specification it will cause some drivability issues, so the settings are also very important. But please understand I haven’t decided yet.

“We have some other parts in development but we haven’t decided if we can introduce it, if we can set it up and if we can check the reliability. It is obvious everything is not ready, but we have some factors (that are).”

Asadar, dupa alte 6 luni de zile de asteptare (din Decembrie - moment in care si-au dat seama ca actualul motor este lipsit de putere si fiabilitate - si pana in prezent), evolutia noului motor pe bancurile de teste se poate caracteriza prin cateva cuvinte cheie: "some performance", "very small", "some small upgrades". Cu alte cuvinte, cand lumea se astepta la o evolutie sanatoasa in performanta fata de actualul motor (macar un plus de 50 de cai, din cei 100 lipsa), Honda anunta ca desi se intrezareste ceva performanta in plus, motorul inca nu e gata. Acesta este, din pct meu de vedere, si motivul pentru care in maxim 1-2 luni de zile, McLaren va anunta divortul fata de Honda. Si pe buna dreptate. Mie se pare cel putin jenant ca, dupa 6 luni de munca la acest motor, japonezii sa bata de fapt pasul pe loc. Si mai mult decat atat, sa mai si afirme cu seninatate ca setarile nici macar n-au fost dezvoltate... de parca din setari ar mai scoate peste noapte 80 de cai... Penibila atitudine.

In aceste conditii, Honda ramane din 2018 alaturi de Sauber si, poate ca, daca in anii urmatori vor gasi acea solutie miraculoasa la nivelul camerei de ardere, poate vor mai prinde un contract cu vreo echipa de top (ex Red Bull). Evident, daca vor mai ramane pana atunci in F1...

Comment

• http://www.automarket.ro/formula1/mc...-ca-77781.html

Incet incet isi pun piatra de mormant. Pacat ca au ajuns la nivelul asta, chiar imi pare rau pentru evolutia sau mai bine zis involutia Honda. Saracii inca mai traiesc din amintiri.

Comment

• Honda set to deliver update in Baku

Honda's F1 chief Yusuke Hasegawa has revealed that the Japanese engine supplier are poised to provide McLaren with an update in Baku.

Honda were supposed to be delivering a full engine upgrade in Montreal, but are under more pressure now after they failed to meet the deadline.

And while a full engine upgrade is not expected in Baku either, Hasegawa believes there will be an improvement in the combustion engine for this weekend's race and beyond.

"There will be some kind of improvement in the combustion engine in Baku," Hasegawa said.

"I don't know if you can call it specification three, but we'll definitely introduce something even if it is intermediate."

Hasegawa also stated that this new upgrade would not be the magic wand to end Honda's problems.

"If you improve the combustion engine, the temperature of the exhaust decreases by being more efficient, which reduces the energy recovered through the turbo and MGU-H, making it necessary to change these parts too," he added.

"The situation is more complicated than people can imagine.

Sursa: planetf1.com

Comment

Working...
                                X